google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: Go Cougars....

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Go Cougars....


So I have had a few funny encounters with Ute fans lately here in Tooele, both at Walmart.... last week I was coming out of the store. Getting out of a van parked right next to my car was a woman with a few small children. As I approached and opened my trunk, the woman said to her young son...
lady.. "go ahead, tell her"
little boy.."I like your BYU sticker on your car"
me... "thank you... Go Cougars!"
little boy.... big grin
lady..."he loves the cougars, but his dad is a UTE fan"
me.... "Oh no.... Booooo Utes"
at this point, the dad comes around from the other side of the van...
dad..."That's not very nice.... I don't boo the Cougars..."
me..."then you're not a real UTE fan..."
haha... this got a good laugh from his wife...and me I might add...

Other story... I am in line waiting to pay, and this girl, maybe 11 or 12, is helping her mom put groceries on the counter... this girl is wearing a BYU t-shirt... she pulls out a half gallon of UTE icecream and with a VERY disgusted tone says....
girl..."Mom... don't buy THIS icecream... you need to buy the BLUE kind...
mom..."no, this is the kind we want to buy..."
girl.." No, I'm going to go hurry and trade it..."
mom..."leave it alone, that is the kind I am buying"
girl.... "I won't eat it..."
mom..."fine then, don't"
girl..."please mom? Let me trade it..."
at this point the mother notices me, and can see that I am very amused by the exchange. She says "my daughter is confused... she's the only one in our family who likes the cougars"
I tell her that I am with her daughter on this one.... and then I tell the daughter that I am very proud of her courage to rise above her upbringing.... haha....cause that takes courage to stand up for the right when you live with a bunch of 'heathens'.... sorry Kelly D...
Anyway... our Cougars are having a heck of a year so far.... ranked 7 and 8 in the polls.... WooHoo! Tomorrow Ed and I will be driving up to Logan to watch the Cougs take it to the Aggies.... whom any other weekend we would totally root for.... then a relaxing weekend of conference... I love conference... I think I have mentioned this before... I get this love from my mother... so we will enjoy it together.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Joey,
You are true blue through and through. Go Cougars! I will be watching the game tonight with our kids. Our new TV is so clear I will be watching for you in the stands. :)