google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: An interesting take...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An interesting take...

I was sent an interesting email today... a great object lesson on Obama's new wealth distribution concept...thanks Ed Spa-ged...

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money."... I laughed. Once in the restaurant, my server had on a "Obama 08" button. Once again I laughed as he had given away his political preference... just imagine the coincidence.When the bill came I paid cash but decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need (the homeless guy outside). The server angrily stormed from my sight.I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside, as I decided he (the homeless guy) could use the money more than him (the server). The homeless guy was happy... and I felt like a successful politician.At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the recipient clearly needed money more than him.I guess redistribution of wealth is easier to swallow in concept than in practical application.
With that said... here's a cute picture I received today that really sums it all up....
"I was just wondering...


Is this political CRAP almost over?"

Can I get a big "AMEN"?


6 comments:

mommyshan said...

This is so perfect of an example. The sad thing is that the server still would hand out Obama paraphenilia and be angry never understanding.

Unknown said...

This is great!!! I love the example of "spreading the wealth" and that picture is just adorable. Amen! Amen! I will be soooo glad when the election is over. I just hope it's over for Obama too.

Unknown said...

I love this! I think that is just priceless, I can't wait til my husband gets home so I can share this with him.

Heather D said...

That is a really good way to explain it to all the ding dongs out there that are excited for our new "utopia" where we all have money and free healthcare!

Unknown said...

You have been Boo'd. Come over to my blog and see what I am talking about.

Sherri said...

You are just taking off on blogging! I remember you saying you were only doing it for a friend. But now I can't keep up. It's great, though. I need it to rub off on me.
That scenario was perfect. It puts it all in perspective. I know I'm crazy, but I only would want him to win, just so all those crazies who voted for him can see what a mess he's going to create, a much bigger one than what we got now, that's for sure!
I just got your "Boo-ed" comment. We'll see if I can do something with it. Thanks!