google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: Christmas in Ogden...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas in Ogden...

So I really seem to have tradition on my mind... or at least my blog... this year, but hang in there with me for another Christmas memory. If you've ever been in the Ogden, Utah area at christmas time, you may have heard of Christmas Village. I know that Temple Square gets all the 'claim to fame' during the holidays... but hey, it's got nothin on Ogden's City Hall. Both are amazingly beautiful in their own way. Temple Square in a very classy, winter wonderland sort of way... Christmas Village in a "I've somehow taken a wrong turn, and ended up in Santa's Workshop" sort of way. ( I should mention that Christmas Village encompasses a full city block, so it is truly something to see...)

I haven't been to Christmas Village for years. I had a strong desire to see it this year... through the eyes of my two nieces. I wanted to see the magic through their eyes. So Jordyn and I drove up yesterday, went for pizza at another Ogden landmark, Tony's Pizza... (anybody who is anybody from Ogden knows about Tony's Pizza...) then bundled up to go see the lights. My nieces were so excited to see everything, though Dantley did keep asking when we were going to go into Christmas Village. She had a hard time grasping the concept of going to, as opposed to going into... and hey, who could really blame her... the temperature was hovering in the 15 degree range... a yeah... BRRR....Anyway, there were tons of lights and displays to see, as well as Santa and Mrs. Clause and the Grinch wandering around, plus some live entertainment in the apitheater. Here's a few pics...


Sarandon and Jordyn all bundled up...
Little Miss Dantley being a good sport. I was actually trying to take a picture of the very very sad, pathetic face she had been displaying moments before... but out comes the camera, out comes her smile...

What??? Is that a lovely display of a child in bondage? Why yes it is... it took me a minute to realize this was Hansel and Gretel... but give me a break... my brain was frozen... Ha. So there ya go... another tradition revisited this year. Glad we made the effort. Be even gladder when my toes thaw out...

No comments: