google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: Am I a Grinch? Nah...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Am I a Grinch? Nah...

I am the opposite of the grinch... though if you asked my kids, they might tell a different story. Anyway, I absolutely love the holidays. House is decked out inside and out...finally...(maybe I'll take you on a V tour someday). I have a total of 14 trees on the main floor of my home . I know this because my nephew announced it to me the other day... as in "Did you know you have 14 christmas trees in your house?" Actually, I think he said like 29, or something insane like that. He was counting things that were soooo obviously not christmas trees... but related to the pine family in general... as in wreaths, and garlands wrapped in the light fixtures...sorry Payton, but that doesn't count. I love all the sights, sounds, and smells associated with the holiday season. I love the traditions. I love to match my wrapping paper, as in I need like them to coordinate. Not only that, but I like them to coordinate with the tree that they are under... there, now you have had a small glimpse into my OCD world... (ok, not really ocd... but I do get teased about it). I came across this fun test on My Crazy Life With a Toddler, and thought I would check it out. I was pretty sure I wasn't a grinch, but needed validation... just had to make sure. Here's the consensus...


You Are the Furthest Thing From A Grinch


You love and live for the holidays. You even love the Grinch!

You're in the holiday spirit year round... because you're all about celebrating and giving.

So are ya? Take the test and find out.

Let me know what you find out. It's always nice to know what kind of riff-raff I am associating with...

2 comments:

mommyshan said...

Like you really needed to take a test to find out how "non-Grinchy" you are... Puhleeeeze!

Sherri said...

I took the test and am the same; I was surprised I wasn't voted worse, though.
I like to match my tree to my wrapping paper and the paper has to match, somewhat. I shop around for a little bit when it comes to the paper.

It's funny on your post about your little ones growing up. Someday I will be where you are and wishing for where I am, or at least wishing for a moment to go back. I always say, I wish we could push a button and go back to when each one of them are babies.