google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: missionary report...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

missionary report...

Just a quick update from Ty...the birthday boy...


So what the heck happened. All i could do was call this telelphone number that is free, call "tell me" and it seemed like a close game at half.. but then i called again and we got creamed. I was not happy. I was nervous here before the game, Elder COoper said he had never seen me like that. ha. But i still refuse to talk about byu with anyone. I still wear my byu watch and pin, but i dont talk about it. It pretty much made me sick. Im kinda glad i wasnt home for it because i would have been much more upset im sure. But Saturday here was awesome. We started going to the pulga again. The pulga is a flea market around here that we sometimes go to with a little table/booth and talk to pppl. We teach them a little and have some free pamphlets and stuff, but the purpose is to get referals, or in other words, to find ppl that will let the missionaries come by. Its kinda hard cause ppl are in a hurry, they want to shop and enjoy their saturday and its noisy. But we went and it was good. THere are 3 shifts that are 2 hours each. The first shift got like 5 refs. 2 elders from the other zone. The middle shift, 2 from our district got 4 more, so that put us at 9 for the day. THats not bad, 9 people/families that want the missionaries to visit. And me and elder cooper did the last shift. We are both pretty competative, so we decided that we would get more that 9 just by ourselves. Ha. that was our goal. Well, i dont know what happened, but we did pretty good, cause he got 5 by himself..and i got 16. it was fun, he was shocked. He was like, what are you doing man? 16? 5 other missionaries combined got 14. I told him that i was just talking to them, being me, and just bearing my testimony. I really love spanish ppl, its alot easier for me to talk to spanish ppl about the gospel. I just feel at home with them. THings are going well here, im happy, i had a good bday cause the ward took care of me, i had 3 cakes. I loved it, but it was really funny, cause my comp only has like8 days left and he wants to look good for the girl that is waiting for him, so he didnt like all the cake. But it was good.

Nope, I'm not proud at all...

No comments: