google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: Tyson the writer...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tyson the writer...

So I just have to post a bit from Ty's email a few weeks ago.... He has a gift for writing, which was apparent clear back in elementary school... Mom used to be so proud of anything that he wrote, and would gush on and on about how it is in his genes... his grandpa Linton was a gifted writer as well.... anyway, she used to always tell him that's what he should do when he got older... and he would just kinda shrug his shoulders...
anyway... it looks like he may finally be realizing what we already knew... who out there is dying to read this "Brotherhood of the Cloak" besides me???? Anyway, I know his Grandma Jeri is bragging him up to anyone up there with her who will listen... you know how she was... ;)
and sorry about his typing skills... he is obviously much too busy to proofread...

i dont remember if i told you about this or not, but when iwas with elder griffin i started to write a story.. Elder Griffin lovedstories. I started doing it with my extra time at night and during lunchsometimes. Its called the brotherhood of the cloak. It really wasntanything big... but then elder griffin loved it, i mean, loved it. Hewould always beg me to write more story. Anyway, he loved it. THen hegot transferreed,and the story stopped. I didnt think much about it. Well, about 2 weeks ago i mentioned it to elder cooper and he said hewanted to read it. And guess what.. he loves it too. REally. Not onlythat, he read it all, and now the rest of my district is reading it. I know its hard to imagine me actually writing a book, but it comesreally easy, i just sit and write.. and i dont even like to read books.ha. i know, it doesnt make much sense.. but im using a standard schoolnotbook.. like the one with lined pages..and im on page 168 right now!ha. Again.. i know .. its weird.. but they love it. THey all talk aboutit and even quote it. its pretty funny. so i guess i may have to keepwriting a little more and see what happens. Thats what we did for thelast hour of Pday last week, read the BrotherHood of the Cloak. ha. theweird things that happen in a missionaries life... i love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you will all become rich and famous. I would read it, just for Jeri. Aunt Pam

Stansbury Park Broadhead Family said...

Way cool Joey! One day we will all pay to read the story! Oh! Tell Colton to quit kissing all the chics! They like to know that's what he's trying to do, first!!!! Nice Eye!! And, yes, occasionally I suprise myself with my limited capabilities! Who would-a-thought? Love ya!!!

Martins said...

Who is this kid!?? Maybe this will be the new craze, like Tennis Shoes among the nephites or something... I can't believe how close he is to coming home...

LOVE YA!

Heather D said...

we always knew he had it in him eh? What a smartie pants, I love that kid!!