google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY: Life is precious...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life is precious...



We lost a very dear friend on Friday afternoon to a tragic auto accident. Brent Oborn was one of the very first people that Ed and I met when moving to Tooele. His wife Debbie has been one of my closest friends from that time on. They managed the apartments that we moved into when Ed graduated from BYU, and we have remained very close since. As I sit here in shock and disbelief, my mind keeps thinking how precious life is, and how we just can't take anything for granted...savor every moment... don't let the small mundane things get you down, and rule your life. Enjoy what you have... cause you don't know what tomorrow will bring. My heart is breaking for my sweet, sweet friend who is now wondering how to go on... and my thoughts and prayers are constantly with her, and her 8 beautiful children. I can't begin to comprehend what it would be like to lose a spouse, but I have been thinking about my mom alot the past few days... and how she struggled after losing her sweetheart. One of the things that she talked to me about just days before her passing was how hard parts of her life had been... but that she had agreed to those trials in the pre-existence, and had even been excited to take them on... she said that she had agreed to come to earth to do "the hard stuff"... and she wanted me to know that her battle with cancer was really hard, but that she wasn't complaining, because she knew she could get through it with the Lord's help. She was such an inspiration to me, and I will never forget that conversation we had that day. Debbie... I just want you to know that your Heavenly Father loves you, and knows that you are "doing the hard stuff" right now... and he will help you get through it, cause that was the deal. You do as much as you can, and he will help you with the rest. For the rest of you out there.... don't take one second for granted... live as if you don't have tomorrow... and remember that I love you... Joey

4 comments:

Heather D said...

You made me cry again. I have been thinking of Debbie ever since you told me. My heart is breaking for her, she's one of the sweetest people I've met and has a long road ahead of her. I know that mom was who she was because of the trials she went through and I'm the person I am because of her. I pray I never have to go through losing another loved one, I don't think there's anything harder. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Debbie and her kids rightnow.

Stansbury Park Broadhead Family said...

Thanks for making me cry again! You are a good friend and Debbie is going to cling to you like glue. The Lord puts us through the refiners fires and baby, you are GOLD!!

Martin Family said...

Ditto... to everything you said. Our thoughts and prayers are with Debbie too.

MelodylovesHuggie said...

I am sorry about your loss. The night of your Mom's viewing I came home alone and I felt such a dark hole. I recognized the feeling because I had first been there with your Father, then my Mother and now felt it with the loss of my sister. I sat on the floor and cried. The dark hole closes up until you have another loss, and then you feel it again. I will never forget the pain I saw in your Mother when her sweet heart died. I told Doug we should have seen her early death coming, because I know she agreed to stay on this earth just long enough to raise her children, then the promise was she would be reunited with her sweetheart. I believe that it took someone with her kind of determination to live through what she did. I have heard that sometimes parents can do more to bless their children on the other side then they can on this earth, I hope Debbie will feel a witness that her sweetheart left for a very important reason, one that they both agreed to before coming to this earth. There is no doubt that this life is short in the perspective, and for whatever reason he was called home early, she will be look back on this time and realize it was for a worthwhile goal and she will be grateful she endured, just like your Mother was.