google11e810ad1b0f5b1a.html CLAYSON FAMILY

Sunday, December 9, 2007

So, my baby is 13......boy, that really means that Ed is old...hehe. I say Ed, because I know I am still a young happenin' chick! My kids roll their eyes when I say that, but I do remind them often. But yeah, my youngest has officially entered the ranks of "teenager" (though if I must be honest, he has been driving me crazy for at least a year now....). To make matters even worse, I became the mother of a 20 year old a few weeks ago! Ouch....If my mom were still here, I would really give her a hard time about that! How old she is getting, I mean....not me. Never me. Anyway, not too much going on around here this week. A few weeks ago, I had Sarandon and Dantley for 4 days, to give Heather a much needed rest. We had so much fun. I had 2 little girls in my big bed with me every night....sorry Ed, no room at the inn. Dantley would wake up in the morning with the biggest smile and say Hi Joey.....hi sissy! In fact, Dantley would tell me hi several times throughout the day, but the funniest part was, she always acted genuinely surprised to see me. We had lots of fun playing with the dollhouse, and kitchen set...and watching movies, and going to McDonald's. We all had fun, but I think mostly Heather.










A few days after I took the girls home, we went to Ed's parents for Thanksgiving. This is always an adventure. I can't remember a time that we haven't gone to grandma's and not laughed our heads off at something. This time was no different. Troy was with us, because Ed's mom adopted him as family after mom passed away. Thanksgiving was fun, but the really exciting part of the week was that saturday.......Go Cougs! Sorry all you who might be Ute fans, but whatever. I am sure you have all stopped pouting by now. Hmmm....what was that score again? 17-10? Yep, that would be it.... way fun game. The whole family was there, (except for Tyson, who was calling a radio station in Houston getting updates on the score every few minutes...I am sure that is ok....following mission guidelines and all..... ;). We had a blast. We are all going down to Vegas right before Christmas to watch our Cougs in the Vegas Bowl. Watch out UCLA. The little
guy with the dreadlocks is my nephew, Payton.









Anyway, I can't believe how fast Christmas is approaching. I was very proud to have all 3 of my Christmas trees up and decorated before December 1st. Ed likes to complain about storing 3 trees and all the trimmings, but that's what we built the attic for, right? It's not like he has to help or anything.....because he doesn't. He is not allowed. I am a little bit picky when it comes to my trees. I get this from my mother. Her christmas tree legacy lives on. All the trees are on the main floor of the house. One in the formal living room (this baby is 12 feet tall), one in the main family room, and one in the kitchen. Yep, I said the kitchen. I tell Ed he is lucky I haven't put one downstairs in that family room. I also have smaller trees throughout the house...on the mantel, up on the plant shelf in the entry way, and a few 4 foot trees that are grouped with two of the full size trees. Technically, there are 12 trees, all lit up and decorated. I love it. If I keep it up, we will need to build a bigger house.
Anyway, hope all is well with everyone. I will post Ty's new emails in the next few days. He has been transferred, finally! Joey

6 comments:

Martin Family said...

Hey Bishop, I like your hat!

Robyn said...

Very fun to hear you're "Young and Hip"! I tell my kids that everyday!! Funny--I get the eyeroll too, and my oldest is only 10!! I can't believe Jordan is all grown up, and with braces! She is still, like 6 in my head--and Colton...I just babysat him as an infant! Amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Robyn
www.nykazafamily.com

Heather D said...

Boy, those are some really cute kids on your blog. It's funny to see pictures of my kids on your blog, but I love it! It's about time you blogged. By the way, you spelled the word too wrong again hee hee. I am just trying to bring a little mom into your life!

Unknown said...

prove it, little girl!

Anonymous said...

Joey,
I knew you never slept but 12 trees? Aunt Pam

Pegmeister said...

I am so glad you had the kids for four days. It's amazing that Dantley didn't have a hard time being away from her Mommy that many days, but it sounds like she did great! I feel so bad for Heather! I have an vertigo for years, but though mine is (was) very violent and would last for four hours or longer, at least it went away. Hers isn't as violet as mine was but it never goes away. That's awful! Your mom used to tell me how badly she felt that I had vertigo and now she's looking down at her daughter and I'm sure she suffers for her.
I found the cause of my vertigo. It was food! Wheat, milk, all grains except rice, sugar, chocolate, and forty other foods I'm not going to list. I live on a fresh diet! Every thing is pure.